Peyton Swope Memorial Fund
The Peyton Swope Memorial Swim-A-Thon is a fundraiser that will support the HAGY Gators Swim Team and fund a future scholarship in memory of our teammate, Peyton RayAnn Swope, who passed away in June 2018 at the age of 13 in a tragic car accident while traveling to a swim meet. Peyton was a passionate swimmer and a loving friend to all, and her presence is greatly missed. The HAGY Gators Swim Team, along with Peyton’s family, want to continue to honor her memory in true Gators spirit with a Swim-A-Thon. The format for pledges and donations will be as follows: the first $2,000 will go towards the Endowment. The remaining funds will be split 50/50: Swim Team Swimmers/equipment, and future Endowment. Like a walk-a-thon, the swimmers collect pledges from family, neighbors or friends for each of the pool lengths (25 yards) that they swim. Sponsors may also choose to make a flat donation to the program or fund.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. SPREAD THE WORD! We want to keep Peyton’s memory alive, so, first and foremost, SPREAD THE WORD of our Swim-A-Thon!
2. Gather pledges and donations from family, friends, neighbors.
3. Swim at the event
4. To participate swimmers must be a YMCA member. Ages 12 and under swim 3-4 pm, ages 13 and up swim 4-5 pm.
5. Collect your pledges based on the number of lengths you swam in memory of Peyton.
6. Turn in pledge sheet and funds raised NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 1st.
CHECKS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO THE “ YMCA of Hagerstown”, with the memo Peyton’s Swim-A-Thon.
Comtact our Aquatics department for more information 301.739.3990 ext. 4216