Peyton Swope Memorial Swim-A-Thon
October 20, 2019, 2pm to 6pm
Peyton RayAnn Swope, who passed away in June 2018 at the age of 13 in a tragic car accident while traveling to a swim meet. Peyton was a passionate swimmer and a loving friend to all, and her presence is greatly missed. The HAGY Gators Swim Team, along with Peyton’s family, want to honor her memory in true Gators spirit with a Swim-A-Thon. The format for pledges and donations will be as follows: 50% of the funds raised by the swimmer will go to help support the team and 50% will be given to the Peyton Swope Scholarship Fund. Like a walk-a-thon, the swimmers collect pledges from family, neighbors or friends for each of the pool lengths (25 yards) that they swim. Sponsors may also choose to make a flat donation to the program and fund.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. SPREAD THE WORD! We want to keep Peyton’s memory alive, so, first and foremost, SPREAD THE WORD of our Swim-A-Thon!
2. Gather pledges and donations from family, friends, neighbors – DOWNLOAD A PLEDGE FORM
3. Swim on October 20th
4. To participate swimmers must be YMCA member: ages 12&Under swim 2-4pm, ages 13&Up swim 4-6pm.
5. Collect your pledges based on the number of lengths you swam in memory of Peyton
6. Turn in pledge sheet and funds raised NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 31st CHECKS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO THE “ Hagerstown YMCA”, with the memo Peyton’s Swim-a-Thon. The swimmer who raises the most money will receive a HAGY Gators towel!
IMPORTANT: SWIMMERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN COUNTER ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT!
For more detailed information, contact Roxy Thurmond (Hagy Gators Swim Team Head Coach) at the Hagerstown YMCA, 303.739.3990, x4216.