Basic Life Support Class
Basic Life Support (BLS) is geared towards prehospital providers, like EMTs, paramedics, fire fighters, and in-facility hospital providers. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
The American Heart Association BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
What does this course teach?
· High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
· The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
· Important early use of an AED
· Effective ventilations using a barrier device
· Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
· Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Sign up at the YMCA front desk.
Additional training class scheduled for November 9, 2019.